Water Conservation Initiatives
Designed correctly, automatic sprinkler systems can save water and improve the environmental footprint of your landscape.
This is done by: Drip irrigation
- Saves water because precise amounts of water are delivered to plants root zone – this allows more control over the watering
- Much less evaporation while the water is being distributed – water and soil runoff is greatly reduced
- Especially important when watering uneven ground or slopes
- Uses 30-70% less water than conventional irrigation
- Greenleaf Irrigation are specialists in converting conventional irrigation systems into drip systems
Other Conservation Methods:
- Wifi sprinkler systems can be installed. With Wifi monitoring, you can modify the watering schedule with a quick touch on your smart phone or tablet. This allows you to easily adjust for weather changes
- Flow meters can be installed to keep track of water usage and detects leaks. Flow meters can be monitored with notifications and/or alerts on your smartphone
- Rain sensors can be installed on your system
- Rainwater harvesting methods. We can design and install a system that uses rain collection containers/barrels
Contact us today for a free quotation.
Get in touch with someone from our team.